Board of Education Meeting Minutes (SEEN)
October 28, 2021
Notes taken by Erin Leary and Lisa Glazer
7:03 Public Comment
- Name indiscernible.
- Thanks school board for what they do for children in the community. Has questions
- Concerns about security especially in student pickups. Dismissals at some elementary schools but particularly one particular intersection (Congress road?)
- What is the district doing to recheck buildings that had mold over the summer?
- Andrew Sheffield:
- Concern about content and climate of ELA classes in high school
- Read from the story Gravity.
- Asks board and district to draw a line
- Kris Dubuque
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion. Says you can’t see diversity because of masks. Claims there is no empirical evidence to have masking.
- Has a son with special needs (anxiety). His son is being called out for not having a mask over his nose. Claims his son is being yelled at for not having a mask worn appropriately. Claims this is conformity.
- He says those who don’t support masks are the marginalized community.
- Bruce Michaels
- Testing (for COVID)
- Concerned that any symptom requires a pickup and a doctor’s appointment. This is a burden and can lead to multiple days missed.
- Asks that the district be doing the testing themselves. Really hopes that it will be instituted.
- Mark Crockett
- Grandfather of kids at division and former Dorothy Nolan parent.
- Serious concerns about policy and programs specifically around racist programs from NYState DoE
- He believes that all children were created equal by a loving God.
- We would work to minimize any prejudice or bias. Racism is taught.